DMD Healthcare Communications Network Privacy℠ Policy Hosted by DMD Marketing Corp.
DMD HEALTHCARE COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK℠ PRIVACY STATEMENT
Last Updated: 11/14/2016
The purpose of this privacy statement is to inform you about the types of personal, behavioral, and other information we might collect about you when you visit
websites that are members of the Healthcare Communications Network (the “Network”) and how DMD Marketing Corp. (“we,” “our,” or “us”) may use that
information. BY SUBMITTING REGISTRATION OR LOGIN INFORMATION TO ANY WEBSITE THAT IS A MEMBER OF THE NETWORK, YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS PRIVACY
STATEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE SO BOUND, DO NOT LOG IN TO A WEBSITE THAT IS A MEMBER OF THE NETWORK, OR LOG IN AS A GUEST.”
Please note that, depending upon the nature of the website(s) used by individual members of the Network, additional registrations and/or additional privacy
statements may apply. You should review the privacy statements for each member of the Network to the extent that you provide any personal information to them. We are not responsible for
the actions of individual Network members regarding the information you provide to them.
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement, or any site-specific addendum hereto, in a non-material fashion at any time without notice. For
example, we do not need to provide notification if we modify our practices regarding the collection or use of information. We will revise our “Last Updated” date to reflect any
revisions to this Statement. To the extent we materially change this privacy statement, we will provide you with notice and seek your affirmative express consent to the changes.
What Information Do We Collect?
- We may collect certain personally identifiable information (“PII”) and other personal information you voluntarily submit as part of the
registration/login process for a Network member’s website. The types of PII we may collect include your name, email address, and telephone number. This information may be
combined with information already in our possession or made available to us through United States federal and state medical professional databases, other files we are licensed to receive, and/or
information we obtain from other sources. We may also collect information as a result of your interaction with any Network member’s website, a DMD client website, or any communication
received directly or indirectly from us. This means we may collect information from you through multiple locations, not just the website through which you initially register.
- We may capture certain information automatically on or through one or more Network member websites, regardless of whether you provide us with personal
information. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, user agent strings, mobile device identification number, geolocation data, browser type, page access history,
linking information, click stream data, page visits, page views, and/or website log files. If we identify that you are accessing Network websites through multiple devices, we will associate
each such device with your profile.
of users’ interactions with Network member websites and communications with us and to enhance certain activities available on Network member or DMD client websites or applications.
These devices are small text or other electronic files that are used for user-identification and tracking purposes, record-keeping purposes, and to increase the ease of use of sites or
applications by Network members. We may use persistent or non-persistent cookies. You can remove or reject persistent cookies by following the directions provided in your Internet
browser’s “Help” file. If you remove a persistent cookie, you may be requested to reregister or log in again upon returning to a Network member website. If you reject persistent
cookies, the functionality of the Network member websites, or any part thereof, may be impaired or unavailable. However, without accepting persistent cookies, you may use Network member
websites as a guest for 24 hours. After that time period, you will be required to reregister or log in again if you wish to continue interacting with a Network member website.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To identify and verify your professional medical status through checking your information against the information listed on available databases, including those
made available by the AMA, NPI number, and/or state licensing boards.
- To personalize and enhance your experience while interacting with Network members or DMD client websites/mobile applications.
- To allow us to deliver the type of content and services that we believe may be of interest to you, including emails, newsletters, alerts, and advertising
targeted to your professional experience and/or interests, based on your professional activities and/or other information we possess.
- To monitor usage and interaction statistics on Network member and/or DMD client websites and/or through responses to communications.
- To establish your online account and authenticate you during login.
- To quickly process your requests for information.
- To allow us to respond efficiently to your questions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other feature.
- To send you advertising, information and/or promotional material geared to your profession. If you would no longer like to receive promotional email
communications from us, please refer to the “How Can You Manage Your Email and Mobile Marketing Preferences” section below.
- To share your response information to email communications with the sponsor(s) of the professionally relevant program with which you interact.
- To allow us to disclose your information to the extent permitted by law, as described more fully below.
How Do We Protect Personal Information?
Although we cannot guarantee the security of personal information that is transmitted over the Internet or stored on our servers, we have established and
implemented reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative procedures designed to safeguard and secure the personal information we collect and maintain online.
Please note that we do not have any control over or responsibility for information you share about yourself on or through Network member websites. All such
sharing of information and content is done at your own risk. Any concerns over the sharing of information on or with a particular Network member website should be handled by dealing directly with
that Network member.
Do We Disclose the Information We Collect to Outside Parties?
We may use your information, including disclosure to trusted third parties, in the following circumstances without advance notice:
- Provision of Information. Because the Network members’ websites are targeted toward medical professionals, they have asked us to restrict
access to certain information, products, and services to medical professionals only. To ensure that we are delivering the information, products, and services as may be required by law, we
may share your information with third-party sources to meet legal or quasi-legal requirements (e.g., Certified Medical Education and PDMA) and determine your eligibility to receive the
- Network Member Websites. The Network exists to allow its members to share relevant information, including visitor information, with one another;
the Network members have contracted with us to perform this service. To the extent that we have any information about you, we may disclose that information with any/all members of the
Network for their own purposes and subject to their individual privacy policies. This information may include a pixel that can identify you when visiting DMD client websites.
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may transfer PII to our subsidiaries and corporate affiliates.
Website Consultants and Service Providers. We may disclose personal information to third-party consultants and service providers (e.g., hosting/support/maintenance providers, third-party payment
processing agencies, and remedial/repair services) to the extent that they require access to our databases – or the information contained in our databases – in order to perform
services for us.
- Third-Party Advertising. We may disclose information about you to third parties, such as email address, so that these parties may provide you with
advertising and/or other information geared to your profession and professional interests, from which DMD derives a commercial benefit.
- Enforcement of Rights/Security. We reserve the right to release personal information (i) when we are under legal compulsion to do so (e.g., we
have received a subpoena) or we otherwise believe that the law requires us to do so, (ii) when we believe it is necessary to protect and/or enforce the rights, property interests, or safety of
DMD Marketing Corp., Network members, our users, clients, or others, or (iii) as we deem necessary to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, prevent fraud, and otherwise enforce the privacy
statement and other user agreements.
- Reorganization or Sale of the Company. In the event that we are merged with or become part of another organization, we are sold, we sell all
– or substantially all – of our assets, or we are otherwise reorganized, the information you provide will be one of the transferred assets to the acquiring or reorganized
- As Otherwise Allowed by Law. We may transfer personal information to third parties where we are expressly authorized by applicable law to do
- Disclosure of non-PII. In addition to you providing us with PII, you may also provide us with non-PII information (i.e., information which does
not personally identify you). Such information may be disclosed to third parties, including for marketing and advertising purposes.
- Aggregated Information. We may aggregate information that you provide or is otherwise collected from or about you with information provided by other
individuals in such a manner that the information is not personally identifiable to you. Such information may be transferred to third parties from time to time, including for marketing and
- Sponsors. We may share your voluntary responses to communications with the sponsor(s) of the professionally relevant program with which you
What About Privacy on Individual Network Member Websites or Third-Party Integrated Interactions on Such Sites?
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE AND HAVE NO CONTROL OVER HOW OTHER WEBSITES TREAT THE PRIVACY OF YOUR INFORMATION. ALL INFORMATION OBTAINED BY AN INDIVIDUAL NETWORK
or DMD client website.
How Do I Ask Questions and Provide Feedback Regarding Privacy?
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments you may have regarding the privacy of your information.
Notice to California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights:
A business subject to California Civil Code section 1798.83 is required to disclose to its California customers, upon request, the identity of any third parties to
whom the business has disclosed personal information within the previous calendar year, along with the type of personal information disclosed, for the third parties' direct marketing
If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to:
DMD Marketing Corp.
10255 West Higgins Road, Suite 280
Rosemont, IL 60018
Please note that under California law, businesses are only required to respond to a customer request once during any calendar year.
How Can You Manage Your Personal Identifiable Information (PII)?
You can easily manage your marketing preferences by not providing information to us. However, to the extent that you choose to provide your PII to a Network member,
DMD client, and/or us, you can opt out of having your PII used for certain purposes.
opt-out mechanism found in each email sent by DMD or a Network member to you. This will remove you from the email list of DMD or the Network member and/or the sponsor of the
- To opt out of DMD using your PII for marketing purposes, send an email with your request to email@example.com.
In addition, you may remove the pixels that may track you and communicate information to us so long as they appear in the image cache of your Internet browser. You may remove the pixels
simply by deleting the image cache in your web browser.
- You may also delete cookies by opening your browser’s Privacy settings and making the appropriate selections to delete your existing cookies.
- Cache clearing and cookie removal vary by web browser type. If you are unsure of how to clean your cache or delete cookies, locate the “Help”
function in your browser’s menu. Then enter “clear cache” or “delete browser cookies” in the search field. The results will return instructions specific to your
YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US IN ORDER TO OBTAIN GUEST ACCESS TO THE WEBSITES PARTICIPATING IN THE NETWORK.